The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) provides a comprehensive system of HIV primary medical care, medication, and essential support services for people with HIV who are uninsured and underserved. The RWHAP funds grants to cities/counties, states and local community-based organizations to provide HIV care and treatment services to more than half a million people each year, reaching more than half of all those diagnosed with HIV in the United States.
To highlight the innovative models of care that Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients implement in communities across the country, the HIV/AIDS Bureau publishes a report every two years. These reports provide an update of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program efforts to improve health outcomes for people with HIV, showcase data on client demographics and services received, and document the successes and challenges of recipients.
Current Biennial Report
This biennial report features seven Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients who have implemented successful strategies and innovative approaches to HIV care—including a jurisdictional approach to EHE planning, linking care to incarcerated people with HIV, telehealth and telepsychiatry services, peer navigation services, housing and employment services, technology to provide clinician education, and a Community-Based Dental Partnership Program. These and other recipients of HRSA's RWHAP provide inspiration for ending the HIV epidemic in the U.S. and ensuring resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Archived Biennial Reports
- Advancing Innovation to End the HIV Epidemic, 2019 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Highlights (PDF - 7 MB)
- Improving Health Outcomes Through Data Utilization: 2016 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Highlights (PDF - 6 MB)
- Striving for An AIDS-Free Generation: 2014 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Highlights (PDF - 2 MB)
- Ahead of the Curve: The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Progress Report, 2012 (PDF - 10 MB)
- Going the Distance: 20 Years of Leadership, A Legacy of Care - Ryan White HIV/AIDS Progress Report, 2010 (PDF - 9 MB)
- The Power of Connections: 2008 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Progress Report (PDF - 6 MB)
- The 2006 Ryan White CARE Act Progress Report: On the Frontlines (PDF - 4 MB)
- The AIDS Epidemic and the Ryan White CARE Act: Past Successes + Future Challenges, 2004-2005 (PDF - 8 MB)